Can I get fully subsidised hearing aids under workers compensation?

There are two types of compensation; financial compensation for damages and hearing aids and services to treat your hearing loss.

Loud noise can permanently damage your hearing. This is called noise-induced hearing loss or sometimes referred to as industrial hearing loss. The type of compensation you may receive will depend on the percentage hearing loss that is due to noise and is calculated from your hearing test. Generally, if you have a hearing loss greater than 7% you can make a claim for ‘Medical and Like’ expenses and if accepted you will be able to receive fully subsidised hearing aids and services. If your hearing loss is over 10% you can make a claim for monetary compensation and be awarded a lump sum of money.

Do I have a hearing loss that may be claimable for workers compensation?

We can provide you with a fully subsidised hearing screening and advise you on whether the degree and type of hearing loss you have may be compensable through Workers Compensation. We can also refer you to lawyers for the best legal advice regarding a hearing loss claim and who offer ‘no win, no fee’ service.

Already have an approved workers compensation claim and claim number?

Melbourne Audiology Centre (MAC) can provide services to injured workers under all programs: Worksafe (VIC), iCare (NSW) and Comcare.

MAC is a contracted hearing services provider to WorkSafe Victoria which means you won’t have any out of pocket costs if you get your hearing services and hearing aids from us.

MAC has been providing hearing aids and hearing services to injured workers since 2000 and we have a high level of expertise in treating industrial hearing loss.

If you have a claim number and are looking for a hearing provider or if you need some assistance in making a claim for compensation, please call us.

We are the experts in Victoria and have assisted many injured workers to improve their hearing with new hearing aids.

Find your nearest centre

Find your nearest centre

  • All adults
  • Children 5 years and older
  • Pensioners and Veterans
  • Hearing Services Program (HSP) voucher holders
  • WorkSafe, ComCare and TAC clients
  • Employers and industrial screening
  • Job access and employment assistance agencies
  • Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plans

Contact us for information, advice and hearing solutions for work related noise-induced hearing loss.