Free Hearing Tests and Hearing Aids for Pensioners and Veterans
If you are a Pensioner or Veteran you may be eligible for free* hearing services and fully or partially subsidised hearing aids under the Australian Government's Hearing Services Program (formerly OHS). Simply contact us; we can confirm your eligibility, apply for you, advise you about any requirements and arrange an appointment for a comprehensive hearing test.
If you are already receiving services under the program and you who wish to receive services from Melbourne Audiology Centre, it is easy to arrange, please contact us to book your appointment.
You are eligible for the Hearing Services Program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older, and you are:
- Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions;
- the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
- a member of the Australian Defence Force; or
- part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) - Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager.
Once approved, you will be issued with a voucher. The aim of the Australian Government’s Hearing Services Program is to assist people with hearing loss to maximize their potential for independent communication and improve their quality of life.
Melbourne Audiology Centre is a contracted service provider under the Hearing Services Program and we abide by the rules and obligations of this contract. All of our clinicians are registered and have a QP (Qualified Practitioner) number under the Australian Government's Hearing Services Program and comply with the rules and hearing outcome obligations.
*conditions apply to clients under the Australian Government Hearing Services Program’.