Free Hearing Tests and Hearing Aids for Pensioners and Veterans
If you are a Pensioner or Veteran you may be eligible for free hearing services and fully or partially subsidised hearing aids under the Australian Government's Hearing Services Program (formerly OHS). All you need to do is contact us and we can confirm your eligibility, apply for you and get the process started for your free comprehensive hearing assessment.
For people already under the program who wish to receive services from Melbourne Audiology Centre, it's very easy to transfer to MAC; simply contact us and we can arrange the rest.
You are eligible for the Hearing Services Program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older, and you hold either a:
- Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions;
- the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
- a member of the Australian Defence Force; or
- part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) - Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager.
In addition, National Disability Insurance Scheme participants may access hearing services through the program if referred for services by their Disability Care Australia Planner.
Melbourne Audiology Centre and all of our audiologists are accredited to provide services and hearing products under the Australian Government's Hearing Services Program.