What funding and rebates are available for hearing aids?
Funding of and Rebates on Hearing Services and Hearing Aids
- The Government's Hearing Services Program for pensioners, veterans and other eligible clients offers fully subsidised (Free) hearing services and fully subsidised hearing devices. You can also choose from a range of partially subsidised hearing devices
- We offer a Medicare benefit on your hearing assessment at most of our hearing centres. There are no Medicare benefits available on hearing aids. You can read more here.
- Some Private health insurance extra's do provide benefits for hearing assessments and for hearing aids. It's best if you contact your private health insurance to check your benefits.
- People who have a noise-induced hearing loss related to working in a loud work environment may be eligible for hearing devices and services through Workers Compensation. We can advise you on whether you may be eligible for hearing aids under Workers Compensation following your hearing test. If you already have an accepted claim, we are registered to provide services under WorkSafe Victoria, Comcare, and most other state-based workers compensation programs.
- NDIS - hearing services and hearing aids to NDIS participants can be provided via the Hearing Services Program until mid-2020. Please contact us for more information.
We are happy to advise you on available rebates. Please call us on 1300 761 021 to speak to one of our customer care staff.