There are a number of signs and symptoms of hearing loss. It is important to have a hearing test if you have any of the following signs or symptoms:
- your hearing is muffled,
- your ears feel blocked,
- you’re frequently asking others to repeat themselves,
- you turn up the volume of the TV higher than others,
- you think others mumble,
- you have difficulty understanding speech on the phone,
- you find it difficult understanding words in conversation, particularly when in background noise such as at restaurants and family gatherings,
- you have difficulty attending to a conversation,
- you frequently have trouble following the conversation when in a group and the conversation quickly moves from one person to the next, e.g., in meeting or at the dinner table,
- you don’t participate in activities that you have trouble hearing at and you isolate yourself
- you speak too loudly or too softly,
- you have been exposed to loud noise at work or leisure activities,
- you experience ear infections or blocked feeling in one or both ears,
- you take certain medication such as strong antibiotics or chemotherapy.
There is significant amount of scientific evidence that treating hearing loss as early as possible has many benefits. Please call us on 1300 761 021 or book and appointment online.