Tests included in your comprehensive 1hr consultation:
- Otoscopic examination of your ear canal and eardrum
- Audiometry - a measure of your hearing levels and type of hearing loss
- Speech audiometry - measures your ability to understand speech at various levels
- Speech in noise testing measures your ability to understand words when there is background noise present
- Tympanometry measures how your eardrum is moving and middle ear status
Your clinician will give you a full explanation of your hearing tests results. If we have identified a hearing loss, we will discuss your options and answer all of your questions. If the tests show that you could benefit from hearing aids, your clinician will discuss suitable hearing aid solutions with you.