If you are over 50 years of age and worried about your hearing? Contact us for a FREE, no obligation hearing check available at any of our Melbourne hearing clinics.
A FREE hearing test takes up to 15 minutes. It’s a quick check to identify whether you have a hearing loss or not. The test includes:
- Otoscopy – examining the ear canal for wax occlusion
- A hearing test at 4 frequencies (or pitch) at a screening level to identify the presence or absence of a hearing loss.
Please call us on 1300 761 021 to arrange your free 15 minute hearing test appointment.
Appointments are availabe at any of our Melbourne hearing clinics: CBD, Fitzroy, Sunshine, Werribee, Taylors Lakes, Thomastown, Templestowe, Dandenong, and Bentleigh.
Comprehensive hearing test.
If your free hearing test identifies the presence of a hearing loss, we will recommend that you have a comprehensive hearing assessment.
If you are a pensioner or veteran you may be eligible for a free comprehensive hearing test - read more. Please call us on 1300761 021 for information and to arrange your appointment.
Why is it important to have a comprehensive hearing assessment?
Hearing is a vital part of your overall health and wellbeing and proper testing and monitoring by an audiologist should be a priority. We recommend that treating hearing loss should also be a priority. Untreated hearing loss may lead to;
- Feelings of anxiety, social isolation, embarrassment and even depression
- Communication difficulties at work with colleagues, clients, the public. Which in turn can lead to under-employment, unemployment and losses in income
- Auditory deprivation which results in a loss of understanding of speech over time - learn more....
Untreated hearing loss is also linked to dementia. People with a mild hearing loss are twice as likely to develop dementia as those with normal hearing. Treating hearing loss with well fitted hearing aids enables more social engagement and participation that in turn reduces the rate of cognitive decline.
Recent studies have shown the sooner you start wearing hearing aids the better the results you will obtain with the hearing aids and the better your overall wellbeing and quality of life.