Improved hearing can improve your happiness and well-being.
Untreated hearing loss is associated with emotional issues such as anxiety, isolation and embarrassment which can reduce quality of life. More recently there is a growing research base linking unaddressed hearing loss and depression.
Studies have shown that hearing loss is associated with an increased risk of depression at all ages but is more pronounced in the 18-69 age group, predominanatly working age. People of working age can become stressed and tired from the effort of listening hard every day at work. The benefits of well fitted hearing aids in relation to depressive symptoms, general well-being and social interaction have also been shown in recent studies.
People with hearing loss who successfully use hearing aids can enjoy the some or all of the following benefits.
- Feeling more confident and better about themselves
- Are more likely to meet up with friends and socialise
- Enjoy better relationships
- Participating more in groups activities and are more likely to have a stronger social network
- An improved ability to communicate effectively in nearly all situations
- Many hearing aid users in the workforce say that hearing aids have imroved their work performance, career path and salary
Our role at Melbourne Audiology Centre is help people with hearing loss become successful hearing aid users through proper fitting, counselling and support. We provide a full service hearing aid fitting package. People purchasing aids online who think that they are saving money, may end up making a costly mistake if their hearing aids end up in the drawer.